Friday 15 August 2014

What other than Microsoft??


Hello folks,
                From the very day I received this assignment, I was engrossed in the thought of how Microsoft has changed my life. Then I asked myself a question- What other than Microsoft? Carrying a laptop for me itself means of having a Windows interface installed on it, having MS Office to create, process and save information in every best possible way and Internet Explorer to satisfy the very need of web browsing and social networking.
Till the date I studied the subject Operating Systems in my under-graduation course, I didn’t know that there are other interfaces available besides windows. I used to think of windows as the only available first component for a PC to work. Since the time I started using a PC, I have worked on Windows 7. Recognizing its importance in one’s life, almost every common man in the world uses Windows on personal computers, laptops or other devices. This is due to the simplicity it carries in terms of usage and the best user interface it provides.
                Internet usage has become a need today and for fulfilling it, one needs a browser to retrieve, present and traverse the information. Internet Explorer is the first of its kind of web browsers that are being used now-a-days. It has provided a definition to modern browsing by providing a friendly user-interface. I am using internet explorer from the date I have started browsing through the web.
                Talking about MS Office, Can anyone think of using a PC, Laptop, Tablet or any other device without MS Word, Power point, Excel or Picture Manager in it. I am very fond of reading and writing, I do save all the material of my interest in MS word files after copying it from the Internet. It provides me an immense pleasure in writing by providing the different options like language, headings, font size, bold, italic, spacing, inserting headers, footers, tables, page numbers, watermarks and many more things. I have shifted from writing in a diary to writing in a word file and having it saved in my laptop. I can have my particular writings password protected also. What else do I need?
                From the student life to professional life, everyone needs to do presentations. Power point provides that facility in a great manner. It provides me the best possible options for presenting my ideas and making presentations for my assignments. MS Excel is in fact a blessing in disguise. It provides me the options for all the formulae being used in statistics. (:P) I don’t need to carry out calculations, all I need to do is writing the name of function and it does the calculation by itself. Excel has made my life far easier in terms of creating lists and doing accounting work.
                Microsoft does not help me in terms of academics, reading, writing or browsing. Being far away from home, Skype takes care of my emotions and feelings. I regularly do video chat with my parents, sister and all my loved and beloved ones.
                Besides these, I use the search engine Bing that brings together the best of search and people in my social networks to help me spend less time searching and more time doing. It uses the service provider MSN that is a collection of internet websites and services provided by Microsoft.

                Microsoft has touched and leaded almost every aspect of computer world. Its success in terms of products can be quantized from the fact that they are no more luxury but has become the necessity of today’s world. This success of Microsoft is not only because of their successful products but the environment in these are developed, the work culture of Microsoft, the friendly way by which the products are treated and the management at all development centers of Microsoft.
                Microsoft uses agile and scrum approach to develop the product that is the best and most friendly methodology available till now. Its work culture defines the ways for its employees to grow on their own, make it into something that breed loyalty and motivation. All these are achieved by making fun, sharing, collaboration and connection between employees and work. The female employees are given special care and all the best possible opportunities are made available to them to balance their personal and professional life, to grow in the organization, be a part of even top management and achieve greater heights.

 We all need to do our best work, have broad impact and find real meaning in the work we do.” – Satya Nadella

No comments:

Post a Comment